Premier Musical Theatre Company (Ages 8 - Adult)
Auditions September 10, 2016 (details below)
Performances November 18 - 19, 2016
James Armstrong Theatre ~ Torrance Cultural Arts Center
In Disney's My Son Pinocchio: Geppetto's Musical Tale, the classic tale of toymaker, Geppetto's, little wooden puppet is given new life. This new musical, which retells the classic Disney story from Geppetto's perspective, features the beloved classic songs, "When You Wish upon a Star" and "I've Got No Strings," alongside a host of new songs by Oscar- and Grammy Award winner and master melodist, Stephen Schwartz, tackling timely issues about what it means to be "the perfect child" – and what it means to be "a real father."
Join the Blue Fairy, Stromboli and a lively cast of characters, as Geppetto journeys beyond the toy shop to discover the meaning of family. When the Blue Fairy grants Geppetto's wish to bring his beloved puppet to life, the new father quickly learns that being a parent is full of challenges. He struggles to make his son "the perfect boy," only to lose him to a gang of Roustabouts. It is only when faced with the thought of never seeing Pinocchio again that Geppetto truly learns the joys of being a father and loving one's child unconditionally.
Director/Choreographer: Larry Watts
Music Director: Kathleen Sullivan
Book by: David Stern
Music and Lyrics by: Stephen Schwartz
MY SON PINOCCHIO is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-541-4684 Fax: 212-397-4684
- Auditions Saturday, September 10 at 1pm. Call backs and make-up auditions (by appointment) Saturday, September 17 starting at 1pm.
- Audition Location: First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes, 28 Moccasin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates; Click here for map
- Participants ages 8 - adult, including families, welcome; no experience necessary
- There is no audition fee.
- Bring a song of your choice. Sheet music is strongly preferred by our directors and an accompanist will be available; however, music on CD or MP3 is acceptable. No a cappella please.
- Please bring a completed Audition Form, signed and dated by you and your parent (if you are under age 18)
- Audition Form - Click here
- Registration and first rehearsal Tuesday, September 20 at 6 - 9pm
- Location: First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes, 28 Moccasin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates; Click here for map.
- Registration Packet - coming soon
- Tuition based program - $595 per participant, includes all materials and costume fees. Sibling and parent discounts offered to make it affordable for the whole family to join!
- Limited scholarships and payment plans available - please contact SBC at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Don't let money stand in your way of joining the cast of this exciting musical - let's talk!
- First rehearsal is Tuesday, September 20 at 6 - 9pm
- Rehearsals scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday, 6 - 9pm and Saturdays 1 - 4pm. Students will not be called to every rehearsal or may only be called for part of a rehearsal, depending on role.
- Rehearsal location: First Baptist Church of Palos Verdes, 28 Moccasin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates; Click here for map.
- Tech rehearsals are Tuesday, November 15 thru Thursday, November 17, 5 - 9pm, at the James Armstrong Theatre located in the Torrance Cultural Arts Center.
- Questions? Please call a SBC representative at (424) 262-9722.
Friday, November 18 at 7:30pm
Saturday, November 19 at 2pm & 7:30pm
James Armstrong Theatre
Torrance Cultural Arts Center
3330 Civic Center Drive, Torrance